Friday, November 9, 2012

30 day challenge, day 1


October 18, 2012

Seeing as my husband had to work tonight, the kids had no choice but to go along with my crazy new plan. I decided to take the leftover sloppy joe meat from lunch and mix it with a jar of home canned tomatoes. I cooked up some manicotti noodles that I had bought on sale months ago but never want to use cuz it isn't a shape I normally like. Topped it with a three cheese blend (mozzarella, cheddar, and freshly grated parmesan). In the oven it went.
 
I decided to use a jar of home canned green beans but wanted to do something more than just heat them up like we normally do. I sauteed onion and garlic in butter/olive oil. Added the beans and salt, pepper, adobo, and thyme. I added a lil white wine and then at the last minute added some frozen green onion from my garden. Topped that with some chopped cashews for texture.

It was kinda fun seeing what kind of meal I could come up with using up either leftovers or stuff that I normally would pass up in the cupboard. Only problem is that my husband comes home tomorrow.....how is he gonna feel about not having his fav chips waiting for him?? :)
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment