Tuesday, September 19, 2017

The Essential Mini Meatloaf Recipe

September 19, 2017

There is nothing better than shopping local. I love going to the farmer's market and loading up. Veggies, fruit, eggs, beef, pork, jerky sticks, tomatoes for canning...you name it, I get it. I was able to use a few local ingredients in our dinner tonight. I used local beef and eggs for the mini meatloaves and yellow beans as a side. I was trying to figure out the other side item and the kids just wouldn't budge off of wanting macaroni and cheese. Oh well. Life is about balance.

I took our go to recipe for mini meatloaves and gave it a little updating. I wanted to fit in some extra health benefits by using some of Young Living's essential oils from their Vitality line (which is safe to ingest). I wanted to add in some support for our immune, respiratory, and digestive systems.

The four of us love mini meatloaves so I use a bigger recipe. This is one meal that we don't mind leftovers!

For the meatloaves:
2 lbs ground beef
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
2 eggs
3 drops Basil Vitality Essential Oil
3 drops Thyme Vitality Essential Oil
1 drop Oregano Vitality Essential Oil
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 cup tomato Sauce

For the sauce:
1 cup tomato sauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar
parsley (about a palmful)
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

To top:
french fried onions

Mix the Essential Oils with the egg and then added all of the meatloaf ingredients together. Shape into 8 loaves. Place them on a baking sheet covered in tinfoil and sprayed with a little non-stick spray. Bake in an oven preheated to 450 degrees for 15 minutes. Then pour the sauce over the meatloaves and top with some french fried onions. Bake for another 5 minutes.

My hubby and I both really liked the meatloaves with the essential oils. They give SO much flavor! However, it was a tad much for my daughter's tastes. I think next time I would try cutting back on the Thyme and Basil to 2 drops each. I'm telling you, a little goes a long way when you cook with essential oils but you just won't believe the difference in flavor from using dried herbs to essential oils. The flavor alone is reason enough to use them but once you think about the added benefits of supporting your body's health systems- it makes me want to convert all of our recipes! I have a few ideas already and I can't wait to figure out more!

*Note: I ONLY can speak for the safety of ingesting Young Living's Vitality oils*

No comments:

Post a Comment