Sunday, October 22, 2017

Turkey Burgers and Crab Ravioli

October 22, 2017

Today was such a great food day! It is our 19th wedding anniversary today. My hubby asked if I wanted to go out for lunch or dinner. Um. Nope. We make things that taste so much better than the average restaurant. I wanted deliciousness.

We started out by making turkey burgers for lunch. We don't really follow a recipe. Start with a pound of ground turkey. I think we use 95% lean. Mix in a palmful of chopped cilantro, salt, chili powder, and lime juice. Sorry, no real measurements. He grilled the burgers for around 8 minutes. Top it with provolone cheese and guacamole. We made our guacamole with 2 avocados, a tomato, a palmful of red onion, palmful of cilantro, salt, pepper, and 6 drops of Young Living's Lime Essential Oil from their vitality line. I had my burger on butter lettuce but you could use a bun if you prefer. Yum. So much flavor.

Ah. Now on to the part of the day that I have been waiting for. Last year, we watched Master Chef and Gordon Ramsey made a dish that looked incredible- crab tortellini. We recreated it and had it last year when we caught blue crab in the Gulf of Mexico. Tonight we made a couple changes again.

For the crab stock: My hubby sautéed snow crab shells in coconut oil. He added in carrots, celery, and green onion. Once the veggies were carmelized, he added in white wine, chicken stock, and 2 drops of Young Living's Fennel Essential Oil from their vitality line. He seasoned the stock with a little salt and pepper. You could substitute Anise extract if you don't have fennel oil.

For the Filling: My hubby mixed up the cooked snow crab, chive and onion cream cheese, lemon juice/zest, and salt and pepper.

We made up some pasta dough and used our ravioli pan to shape them. Make sure that you use an egg wash for where the layers of dough need to stick together. The ravioli only need to simmer about 4-5 minutes. We served our crab ravioli with some crusty Artisan bread.

Oh my goodness. Crab ravioli is so good. I love crab. I love homemade pasta. I really couldn't have asked for a better anniversary dinner. Next up, dessert. All the dessert. We may or may not have bought 5 different desserts (sample size). But hey, we only get an anniversary once a year. Bring on the sweets!

*I can only speak to the safety of ingesting Young Living's essential oils from their vitality line.

No comments:

Post a Comment