Friday, June 1, 2018

Easy Homemade French Fries

June 1, 2018

My daughter loves french fries. Well, maybe it would be more accurate to say she has a french fry obsession. Ha! I can't believe it took us this long, but today we made homemade french fries. Let me tell you, they were delicious. I didn't even dip them in ketchup. Woah. I am a dipper and I didn't even realize I was basically inhaling the fries until I only had two left.

My hubby and daughter worked together and came up with the perfect fries. They used Yukon Gold potatoes. They started out by cutting the potatoes into about 1/4 inch strips. Let's be honest. Some were bigger, some were smaller. It doesn't have to be perfect.

Next, the potato strips were put in a bowl of ice cold water. This will remove excess potato starch which helps the fries to get extra crispy! The potatoes soaked while they got the burgers going, so maybe 30 minutes to an hour. Drain. Blanch the potato strips in boiling water for 5 minutes. This helps the inside of the fries to be nice and fluffy while the outside will be crispy. They laid them out on a wire rack to cool and dry.

Fry the potatoes in vegetable oil for about 5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Remove from oil and put on a wire rack to drain the oil. Lightly salt the fries. Now get ready for your mind to be blown. So simple but so delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment