Friday, July 6, 2018

Lemon Zucchini Muffins

July 6, 2018

It's summer and my garden is starting to look green and full of life. I think we usually plant 1 or 2 zucchini plants. Welp. This year the store we were at only had them in four packs. Wouldn't ya know it all four plants look like they are going to be huge. We picked our first zucchini today and made some delicious muffins. If you are looking for something to make with all of your zucchini, look no further. Ha!

These muffins are my son's favorite. I used to add lemon baking chips to them and he would eat them as fast as I could make them. I can't find lemon chips locally anymore so last fall I made a slight change to the recipe. Instead of lemon baking chips, I would add Lemon essential oil (from Young Living's vitality line) and white chocolate chips. I didn't tell my son what I did different. He loved them! I asked what was his favorite part and his reply was "the lemon chips"Ha! I guess the recipe changes passed his inspection.

You can use this recipe for either zucchini bread or muffins.

3 eggs
1 cup oil
1 3/4 cup sugar
2 cups grated zucchini
2 teaspoons vanilla
6 drops Lemon Vitality Essential Oil
3 cups flour
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup white chocolate baking chips

Grease and flour the pans. Recipe makes two 8x4 loaves or 24 muffins.

Beat the eggs. Mix in oil and sugar, then add the zucchini, vanilla, and Lemon essential oil.

In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add this to the egg mixture. Stir in baking chips. Divide the batter into the pans. Bake loaves at 350 for 60 minutes (plus or minus 10 depending on your oven), or until toothpick comes out clean. Muffins bake for 23 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment