Monday, October 21, 2013

Wild mushroom agnolotti

October 21, 2013

It was fun packing lunches for the kids today. Ok, maybe not fun fun. It was challenge fun. My daughter packed a leftover shepherd's pie, grapes, and a juice. My son packed leftover pizza (the free one that I froze), homemade maple applesauce, and a juice. I was really excited to see if grabbing a piece of frozen leftover pizza and putting it into his lunchbox would end up being a perfectly thawed piece by lunch. The good thing is that he likes cold pizza. Sure enough, it was perfect. Yay! I had leftover pizza as well.

I wanted a quick meal for tonight before the kids' activities. I thawed out a half of pork loin. I popped that in the oven for the kids. I steamed some broccoli while the kids made deviled eggs. I grabbed a package of ravioli type pasta to try. When I was looking in the refrigerated section at the store last week, there was no way that I could pass this package up. "Wild mushroom agnolotti generously filled with fresh Portobello and Crimini mushrooms, imported grana padano and parmesan cheeses, and fresh roasted garlic". I made this meal even easier by also buying the ready made alfredo sauce also made by Buitoni.

I wasn't sure how the kids would like the pasta. They are iffy with mushrooms. They love them raw but cooked is sometimes another story. They both said they were good. My son said he even prefers them over the cheese tortellini I normally buy. WHAT? I loved them. If I were to order them in a restaurant, I would be happy with them. I can't wait to buy more! My son's reaction when he saw the pork loin (not pictured)...."Is that REAL meat"? Ha. Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment