Saturday, June 15, 2013

Leftover wraps

June 14 & 15, 2013

We went to the farmer's market yesterday and found some goodies. We came home to make lunch and I wanted to incorporate some of our new finds. We made three bean (black, chick pea, and small white) burgers on the grill. I got out the spinach, lettuce, and strawberries that we bought and put together a salad. I added in feta cheese (normally we do mozzarella with this salad), cashews, and strawberry poppyseed dressing.

I had a free pizza coupon for my birthday so we headed out for dinner. We got a few sides (mozzarella sticks and salads) and we were all set.

My daughter had her gymnastics recital today. We had to be in town early so we grabbed some lunch before her show. We went to Moe's. I had a taco and man did I stuff it full! Tofu, black beans, grilled onions/peppers/mushrooms, cheese, guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo, and cilantro. My daughter had a tofu black bean burrito. My son had a cheese quesadilla. My hubby had a black bean, onion/pepper/mushroom, sour cream, cilantro, queso, and guacamole burrito.

After spending all day at the recital (we went to our daughter's and then to our friend's daughter's later on), I thought we were gonna cave in and go out for dinner. Score one for us we came home to cook instead. My hubby grilled up red/white/purple potatoes, onions, green/yellow/red peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, and yellow squash. We made wraps and added in cilantro, sour cream, cheese, avocado, and black beans (whole and some processed with salsa). My daughter started making her wrap and she added in some leftover corn and orzo pasta and then even grabbed some spinach pasta. Ha. She said we should call them the leftover wraps. I followed her lead and threw in some leftover cauliflower in my wrap. I've come to the conclusion that you can hide anything in wraps. I didn't even taste the cauliflower in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment