Monday, June 17, 2013

Pineapple and portobello tacos & smoked corn

June 17, 2013

My daughter packed leftover black beans, a tortilla, and applesauce for lunch. My son's class had a cookout. My hubby and I packed leftovers (risotto, strawberry salad, strawberry chardonnay cheese, and leftover grilled veggie wrap) and ate at the park.

We decided to try two new recipes for dinner. My hubby wanted to try smoking corn on the cob. He removed the silk (kept the husk) and then soaked them for awhile. Then I rubbed them with olive oil and seasoned with garlic wine seasoning. He smoked them for about an hour. I wanted to try a recipe that I saw on 86 lemons (who tried it from the vegan chick pea). Pineapple and portobello tacos with roasted chickpeas. 1 cup of chickpeas are tossed with 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, 2 tsp thyme (I used ground so I only did a few shakes), 2 garlic cloves, and a dash of cayenne pepper. Roast them on a baking sheet with parchment paper at 400 for 25 minutes.

Meanwhile, sautee red onion and portobello mushrooms (about half a pack). We added in some white wine. We also used our favorite garlic and wine seasoning. After the mushrooms began to cook, stir in 1 1/2 cups pineapple. We used fresh and there really is no comparison (stay away from the can!). Top your tortillas with avocado, cilantro, lettuce (we used farmer's market fresh), and tomato.

Wow. I'm surprised how well the pineapple works in a wrap. Delicious. Then I tried the corn. I wanted to go back to the wrap but there was no going back until the corn was gone! My hubby said dinner was definitely a "make again".

No comments:

Post a Comment