Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Eat your beans!

June 26, 2013

I found one of my new favorite lunches today. I had leftover salad in the fridge that I wanted to use. It had spinach, lettuce, red onion, mushroom, cucumber, and radishes. I added in pea shoots, arugula, avocado, sunflower seeds, quinoa, red pepper, poblano pepper, zucchini, and black beans processed with salsa. The black beans and avocado were so creamy that I barely needed any ranch. It was delicious and I can't wait to have more tomorrow! My daughter had salad, quinoa, and a big pile of a bean mix: chickpeas, black, and pink. My son had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

I received a box in the mail today. A dear friend of mine got me a three month subscription to NatureBox. I got 5 different snacks in today's box. We sampled the peanut butter nom nom's (cookies) and they were surprisingly good. I couldn't believe such a healthy snack could taste so good. I can't wait to try the rest of them out!

After spending the day cleaning, I needed a quick dinner before Karate. I made some angel hair pasta and added in a jar of my home canned spaghetti sauce and about a cup of small white beans. I steamed some broccoli. I also made another batch of salad. Yum. I was wondering how everyone would like the beans in spaghetti (never did that before). My daughter had seconds (no doubt, she's the bean lover). My son had one bite left and asked "is there beans in this"? Ha. Evidently he was preoccupied with talking while he ate.

No comments:

Post a Comment