Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Chicken sandwiches & tortellini

August 20, 2013

This morning was amazing. I snuggled my puppy like nobody's business! That little ball of fluff sure does make a good couch buddy. While I enjoyed my buddy, my hubby took over the kitchen.

We both fell in love with caramelized onions when he made that pizza earlier this week. You know, THE pizza. If you haven't read that day's entry, go now. I'll wait for you to come back......

My hubby decided to up our boring chicken (vegetarian) patty sandwiches. He baked the patties. He topped them with provolone cheese. I shouldn't say topped. It was more like smothered. Or cloaked. Next went a layer of caramelized onions. Sigh. He didn't stop there. He added lettuce from our garden, arugula, and tomato. We had a simple side of homemade pickles. Oh wow. I think caramelized onions need to go on everything from now on! So Yum!

My hubby worked this evening. The kids and I worked on cleaning the house. Dinner rolled around and I didn't feel like dirtying up the kitchen again. I had a pack of three cheese tortellini. I also had some homemade spaghetti sauce leftover from yesterday. I had a small container leftover of the spaghetti sauce mixed with processed black beans as well. There was still some of the steamed cauliflower in the fridge too. I grabbed the block of romano cheese and called it good. The kids also munched on some shelled peas. My daughter had cleaned her plate when I asked her what she thought of the sauce. I then informed her that there was black beans in it. She couldn't even tell. My son had three helpings and asked for "1,000 tortellinis". Ha. Definitely a food win day.

No comments:

Post a Comment