Sunday, July 21, 2013

Vegetarian wontons

July 19, 20, & 21, 2013

On Friday, I went out to lunch with my friends. I ordered a veggie pizza with mushrooms, onions, olives, peppers, and broccoli. Yum! We didn't feel like a big dinner so we just made the vegetarian chicken patty sandwiches.

Yesterday, we went out for lunch to Moe's. I had tofu and black bean burrito. By the time I added in all of my toppings (grilled mushrooms/onions/peppers, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, cilantro, rice, pico de gallo, etc), it was as big as my face! We spent the afternoon making a big batch of our homemade jalapeno poppers. We picked peppers from our garden. They are seeded, boiled, and stuffed with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and garlic and wine seasoning. They are dipped in flour (seasoned), egg, flour, egg, and crushed corn flakes. They are frozen and then just take out what you want to cook and fry them in oil. They are so delicious.  We still had some of the cheese filling leftover so my hubby whipped up some quesadillas. Wow. It was so flavorful. We also had a huge salad. Are you ready for the list of what was all in it. (Deep breath).... Lettuce, baby kale, baby arugula, pea shoots, broccoli sporouts, cilantro, cucumber, red onion, carrots, cubanelle pepper, red/green/orange peppers, and sunflower seeds. Whew. It also was yum!

Today was another delicious food day. My hubby grilled us up some red/green/orange/cubanelle peppers, red and purple potatoes, red onion, and portobello mushrooms. We made wraps and added in broccoli sprouts, pea shoots,mexican cheese, avocado, ranch, and green onion. I loved grilled veggies. They give so much flavor to whatever you are making with them.

We couldn't figure out what we wanted for dinner tonight. My hubby poured me a wine slushy and then he set to work. He made up a recipe for veggie and bean wontons. He sauteed carrot, onion, mushrooms, and  red pepper. He saw I had leftover chickpeas and  edamame so they went in too. He seasoned it with garlic wine seasoning, ginger, soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic, onion powder, seasoned salt, and pepper. He filled the wontons with the sauteed mixture then served them on a bed of spinach,  arugula, broccoli sprouts,  pea shoots, cilantro,  and baby kale. Drizzled on some of our favorite teriyaki sauce and we were all set. The wontons were a definite win. We (ahem, he) will be making these again. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment