Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Buffalo chicken salad

April 9, 2013

We had a good day for leftovers. My hubby packed a leftover hamburger for lunch. My son packed a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (yay, use up that bread buddy!). My daughter wanted to buy school lunch today but already made plans on what she wants to pack tomorrow. It came time for me to eat lunch and I looked in the fridge. We still have more of the beef rouladen from our German night. I didn't feel like having a big ol' hunk of meat for lunch. Hmmmm. How do I convince myself to eat leftovers? By serving it with one of my absolute favorites.....pasta and home canned tomatoes! I had half a serving of the rouladen and half of the pasta. Yum!

I had planned on making buffalo chicken salad for dinner. I ordered it the last time we ate from our friend's restaurant and loved it. I figured we could make it easily at home. I found a recipe on Pinterest a few days ago and I think it had the chicken breaded in panko bread crumbs and then fried. The recipe wouldn't open for me today. Oh well. Grilling the chicken will be healthier anyway. I remembered that we still have ten pounds of potatoes from when we all were too full to have potatoes on Easter. Grilled potato slices will go great with our salad. We put our buffalo chicken on a bed of romaine lettuce, red onion, cucumber, tomatoes, and mushrooms. I also served some celery on the side. The buffalo sauce we bought was a slight bit too hot for me (I'm a wimp) so I mixed it with ranch. Then I remembered that there was still some of the sour cream/guacamole/avocado mixture in the fridge. So much for this salad being healthier! Oh well, it was delicious! The kids got pretty excited for their dinner when they saw their plates. I had arranged the veggies into a smiley face on top of their lettuce. Who knew red onion eye brows would be so funny?!

No comments:

Post a Comment