Monday, April 15, 2013

Pork Marsala

April 15, 2013

The kids started off the school week the right way: by packing lunch! I did my part and had leftovers for lunch too. There was a small container of leftover taco toppings which is perfect for a salad. I added more romaine lettuce and some pea pods to it and topped it with the rest of the crab that was leftover from when we made crab rangoon.

I needed a quick dinner tonight. The kids each have an activity so we had to eat an early dinner. Plus I didn't feel like cooking. There was a pack of pork for scallopini that I had bought simply because it was super cheap. I think the pack was $1.49. I decided to make pork marsala. I didn't want to pull up a recipe to follow so I just threw stuff together.

I dredged the pork in flour seasoned with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. I fried the pork in about a tablespoon of butter and a couple shakes of olive oil. After they were golden brown, I set the pork to the side. In the same pan, I added onion and cooked for a few minutes. Next, I added garlic, mushrooms, and marsala wine. I didn't measure anything but I would guess about 1/2 cup of wine. After that reduced, I added some of my homemade chicken broth. I didn't measure but it looked to be about 1/2 - 3/4 cup. I thickened the sauce with a mixture of corn starch and water. My easy side dishes were home canned green beans and a Hawaiian roll.

I asked everyone what they thought of dinner because it was a "new recipe". Everyone really liked it. My hubby said "it's really good, what did you put in the sauce?" Yay! I guess my "recipe" was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment