Monday, April 1, 2013

Leftover and over

April 1, 2013

We spent the morning working on the house. My hubby did some cleaning while I went through the kids' clothes and gathered up stuff for our upcoming rummage sale. I gathered up an overflowing laundry basket full and two stuffed garbage bags full. I feel lighter just having it all set aside to get rid of.

We took a break for a quick lunch. I pulled all of Easter's leftovers out and we all picked what sounded good. Ham, corn, salad, olives, ham pinwheels, and spinach pasta. My hubby took our dyed Easter eggs and made a small batch of deviled eggs too. For a snack this afternoon, we each had a piece of pie (Lemon and thin mint). I feel heavier. Ha.

We worked on other projects and all of a sudden it was after 6 p.m. Yikes. We all decided that we were ok with having more leftovers. Wow. Really?! Ham (my daughter made hers into a sandwich) was once again the star. We also used up the rest of the corn, salad, olives, spinach pasta, and deviled eggs. Unbelievable that leftovers are all gone one day after Easter! There was maybe one meal left of ham so I froze that. If we don't hit up the pie again tonight, I may try to freeze those too.

We are going to be super busy over the next few days so I'm not too sure if I will get a chance to sit down and write my blog. Don't miss me too much. My food will be back to tempt you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment