Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Snack People Two

April 22 & 23, 2013

Yesterday wasn't much of a challenge day so I combined it's post with today's. My daughter had planned on packing some of the leftover parrot bay chicken for her lunch. I had jury duty and had to leave the house first (I packed the rest of the chicken). Uh oh. Poor little lady forgot to pack her lunch without mom there to remind her. She was so disappointed. My friend had planned on making dinner for us seeing as she would have my kids until I got out of jury duty. She made us some beef stew and brownies. Yum.

Today my son packed a sandwich and my daughter packed her chicken. My hubby was home for lunch. Neither of us could decide what sounded good for lunch. Uh oh. That normally means we will be heading out to eat. Finally we settled on grilling salmon. I looked in the fridge and saw some other veggies to pop on the grill: potatoes, zucchini, onion, and mushrooms. We seasoned the veggies with seasoned salt and some of the garlic & wine seasoning that we bought from The Melting Pot. Everything was so delicious. My hubby packed the leftovers for his dinner tonight.

I knew the kids would need a snack when they got home. I looked around to see what needed to be used up seeing as grocery shopping day is coming soon. If I had said to the kids, hey guys, can you eat up these two random carrots, 1/3 of a cucumber, and this last pack of crackers, I'm sure they would have said they didn't feel like it. However, if I cut them up and make a fun snack out of it then they will gobble it down! They loved the snack people I made for them before so I settled on making more people today. Their people had cracker bodies, carrot arms/hands/legs/feet/necks, grape eyes and nose, and pea pod smiles and hair. They even finished up the leftover "parts" (extra carrot, cucumber, and pea pods).

Seeing as my hubby was gone for dinner, I figured that we would just eat up some leftovers for dinner. Surprisingly, the only leftovers in the fridge was the beef barley soup. Now instead of cooking dinner I can spend the night planning out next week's meals. Help me Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment