Sunday, April 28, 2013

Food Surprises

April 28, 2013

We decided to go to Subway for an early lunch on our way to a rubber duck race today. The kids ordered first. My son had a ham sandwich. My daughter ordered a chopped salad with chicken. My turn. I always get the same thing: turkey on flatbread. Guess what. I went for a veggie sub today instead. Flatbread, provolone cheese, spinach, tomato, cucumber, green pepper, red onion, and banana peppers. I didn't even miss the meat. I was surprised that it didn't really change the flavor of it because I always cram so much veggies in there. My hubby was up next. Did he get cheesesteak? How about spicy Italian? Nope. He surprised me by getting a veggie pizza.

We had planned on making one of our favorite chicken dishes this weekend. Mojito chicken has tons of flavor and we all love it. It came time that my hubby should have marinated the chicken. I asked, "do you even feel like chicken?" totally expecting him to say sure. Once again, I was surprised when he said "not really". I think I will pop the chicken into the freezer until we settle into this vegetarian thing for awhile. I really doubt this is going to end up full time long term so we'll see how soon we need to thaw out some meat!

I was having a hard time figuring out what I felt like for dinner. I couldn't believe what we settled on. Remember the creamy mushroom and kale quesadillas that we made for dinner yesterday? Yep. We made those again. I can't remember any other time that we made the same item two nights in a row. My hubby also grilled up a basket of potatoes, onions, and red/yellow/orange peppers. We must be ready for meat tomorrow, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment