Monday, May 13, 2013

Club Pizza

May 13, 2013

My daughter packed some of the leftover lentils and veggies and a new soy yogurt for her lunch. My son decided to buy school lunch today. Although I convinced him to try something other than the usual hamburger that he buys. He went for chicken nuggets today.

My hubby was home for lunch today. We settled on making pizza. He made us a batch of pizza dough in our bread machine. It makes the BEST dough! There was a small amount of leftover homemade pizza sauce in the fridge. We wanted to highlight the toppings and not just have sauce/cheese flavor so we decided not to open another jar of sauce. We wanted to do a club type pizza but minus the bacon. It was fun picking out what toppings to use. My hubby carmelized some red onion and mushrooms. We also used olives, spinach, cilantro, tomato slices, avocado, and fresh mozzarella. We needed a touch more cheese so we used a little grated mozzarella too. Yum!

I wasn't too hungry for dinner and thankfully neither were the kiddos (hubby had to work). I make a quite pilaf of orzo pasta, leftover corn, peas, salt, pepper, basil, and freshly grated asiago cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment