Saturday, May 4, 2013

Not even bacon...

April 3 & 4, 2013

We have had a busy weekend so far which is why yesterday's post and today are combined. Yesterday I had to head over to my friend's house as soon as I got the kids on the bus in the morning. Her neighborhood was having yard sales so I brought stuff over there to sell. I decided to pack my lunch. I brought the leftover pasta salad. My hubby picked up the kids after school and then headed over to my friend's house too.

Our three friends were going to grill up some steaks. Uh oh. Can we handle being around that delicious smell? Then came out the real test. Bacon. My hubby LOVES bacon. That is probably the one food that he could eat at every meal for the rest of his life and still ask for seconds. How did we do? Did we fall off of the vegetarian wagon? Sort of. My hubby  brought us some salmon to grill. It isn't "meat" in my book although it was still the first time we have had it since starting our new journey. We didn't even taste any bacon. Wow! We also stuffed up on grilled potatoes, corn on the cob, broccoli, cauliflower, and pasta salad. Yum. We started talking about what we "are". We don't feel like vegetarians partly because it is so new to us and partly because we will eat fish. It was funny that we had that conversation because we got home and a tv show talked about pescatarian. Huh? I never heard of that. It is a vegetarian that will still eat fish. Hey, that's us! Ha.

Today was another rummage sale day so we just had a quick Subway lunch. The sub I had was just as delicious as it was when I used to add turkey to it. Today I had provolone cheese, spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, green peppers, and banana peppers. My hubby also had a veggie sub. My son had ham and my daughter wanted a big salad.

After the rummage sale, we had to get ready and head out to our friend's daughter's first communion. We were pretty hungry by the time we got out of there so we just went to Chipotle for dinner. My daughter was all set to have a tofu taco. Then the lady told her that they didn't have tofu. My goodness. You would have thought she had told my daughter that her birthday was taken away. Ha. I asked her well what do you want then? She pouted and said "I don't want meat". Ha. Ok. She had rice, beans, and lettuce in her taco. My son had a cheese quesadilla. Hmmmm. Interesting. I guess they aren't missing meat too much! My hubby and I had rice, black beans, green pepper/onion/mushroom mixture, lettuce, pico de gallo, sour cream, cheese, and guacamole on our tacos. I asked the lady to just put a little black beans. I was surprised that I didn't even notice them in my taco. I love that I can have healthy items but not feel like I am missing out on anything. It was awesome. It was like a combination of a fajita and a taco. We were on our way home trying to think of a name for it. Tacita's. Faco's. I laughed so hard at faco that the kids said I sounded like Santa Claus. Huh?!

Sorry that I don't have any delicious looking food pictures for you today. Don't worry. Tomorrow should slow down for us and the deliciousness will ensue!

No comments:

Post a Comment