Monday, May 27, 2013

Tinfoil Surprise

May 27, 2013

We had cravings for onion rings today. We thought we would go out for a snack after watching our daughter walk with the Girl Scouts in the Memorial Day Parade. The restaurant we had in mind was closed so we headed for home to make some frozen ones instead. I was also craving chicken wings. Did we give in and have meat? Nope. We made more of the gardein seven grain "chicken" tenders (alternative) and just dipped them in buffalo sauce and ranch. I still can't believe we like them.

The kids were playing outside today so I delivered them a little snack. They ate up the rest of the leftover cupcake dip (out of beans and cupcake mix) with apples and pears. We felt like hanging outside and grilling dinner. Hmmmm. We were thinking about making burgers when my hubby made a great discovery. We still had three leftover chickpea/black bean burgers. They were hiding under tinfoil. I never peek under tinfoil. Ha. My son said he would have a tofurkey hotdog instead. We grilled up a basket of mixed veggies: green/yellow/red peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, and onion. I made some carmelized red onion and baby bella mushrooms for our burgers. We also topped them with spinach, avocado, ketchup, and mustard.

Why not finish off a day of cravings with fulfilling a dessert craving?! My hubby made us carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. It is so fluffy and moist. Can't wait to finish off those leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment