Sunday, May 12, 2013

Hubby Takes Over the Kitchen

May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day! I enjoyed being spoiled today. My hubby asked what I wanted for lunch and I was really craving grilled salmon. He grilled up some potatoes as a quick side. Yay I had no jobs!

We relaxed at home today and spent the day in pajamas (my favorite kind of day!). What else did I want to do for my special day? Fill my eyes with as many food documentaries as I could. Ha. Three. My limit was three. We needed a mid-afternoon snack so I once again sent my hubby to the grill. Don't feel sorry for him. He loves to man that thing. We tried a new snack. He grilled eggplant and then topped them with fresh mozzarella cheese. After the cheese melted a little we topped them with home canned pizza sauce and some fresh basil. I'm still getting used to eggplant. I liked it better once I cut the skin off. I loved the mozzarella/sauce/basil though. I think we will play around with it. Maybe just top tomato slices with mozzarella and basil next time. Oh! And with grilled onions. Yep, that will be the next attempt.

When dinner time rolled around, I just wanted a snacky night where we could do an indoor picnic. I pulled up a bar stool and played on the internet while my hubby whipped up a new recipe. We found a recipe for potstickers on Foodista.com. The filling was baby bella and button mushrooms, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, onion, and it called for siracha but my hubby substituted cocktail sauce instead. My hubby also made some cheese quesadillas. The potsticker filling was to die for! I will have to use that filling recipe for other stuff too. We could do ravioli or quesadillas. Yum!

Dinner wasn't complete until I could get some sweetness. I threw some strawberries and raspberries in the food processor. I topped angel food cake with the berry mixture. A satisfying light dessert. Healthy too.....unless I go back for another chunk!

No comments:

Post a Comment