Friday, February 22, 2013

Fun-due

February 22, 2013

My hubby is finally home after being out of state for 6 1/2 weeks. Which is awesome for us, but maybe not so awesome for the challenge. Ha. We decided to go out for lunch today. We went to a little hawaiian place. We had kalua pork and cabbage, fried shrimp, chicken katsu, a hamburger, macaroni salad, and tons of rice. It was delicious and reminded us of the years we lived in Hawaii. Lunch was $27.

We debated driving about an hour and a half to one of our favorite restaurants (Melting Pot) for dinner. However, we really didn't feel like being in the truck for that long. What is the next best thing when you want to have a fun dinner? Due a dinner of fondue! We broke out our fondue pot and skewers. My hubby grilled a local beef tenderloin. My daughter and I steamed some red potatoes, cauliflower, and broccoli. We also chopped up some of the leftover italian bread that my daughter had picked out and an apple. The fondue for tonight was a pre-packaged box we found of swiss cheese with white wine and brandy. Oh man. Everything was so incredible. You know those nights where you are full and you should step away from the table. But you don't. My daughter walked back into the kitchen (yes, I was still sitting there) and she asked "didn't you say you were done like five minutes ago?" Ok, so that was my cue to walk away. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment