Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What kind of bread is that?

February 27, 2013

Both kiddos packed lunches today. My son packed a sandwich (surprise) and my daughter packed some random leftovers (rice, lima beans, yogurt, etc). I finished up the leftover soup.

I wanted to make some goodies today. I started off with wanting to bake. I saw that I had a sweet potato that needed to get used up. Hmmmmm. I did a little search and found that there really is a such thing as sweet potato bread. Kind of like banana bread. Count me in. I had a rather large sweet potato and the recipe only called for one cup of mashed so I have some leftover. I changed a few things in the recipe. I did half regular sugar and half brown. I added double the cinnamon. Pinterest, once again you rock! We had half of the loaf gone in about 20 minutes. I guess I know what I will be doing with the leftover mashed sweet potatoes! The fun part is that I made the kids guess what kind of bread it was. They guessed every veggie and fruit they could think of, except sweet potato. They guessed banana, pepper, pumpkin, carrot, apple, and grapefruit. Ha. They must have some off taste buds. Then my hubby came home, sampled it, and I made him guess. He thought banana.

I also had some kale that needed to be used. So I made some kale chips for the kids to snack on before dinner. Next thing I knew, my daughter ate the entire plate. Ha. Guess she likes them.

I've been going through the recipes that we tried during the past 6 1/2 weeks (while my hubby was gone) and finding ones that we want to remake so he can try them. Tonight's recipe was beef ragu. Once again made with local grass fed beef and local red wine. Yum. I figured seeing as there are carrots in the meat sauce that I didn't need to bother with a veggie side. I made some quick garlic bread to help use up some bread seeing as tomorrow is probably grocery shopping day.

No comments:

Post a Comment