Monday, December 24, 2012

Crescents for Christmas (eve)

December 24, 2012

It's Christmas Eve so that means food has to be fun today. Well, fun and yummy. I surprised the kids by actually making breakfast for them today. Ooey gooey cinnamon rolls. Yay! I told my daughter that I had tricks up my sleeve for breakfast for the next couple of days and her reply was "leftovers?" Ha. Poor kid. No, not leftovers. Kind of. Shhhhh.

After playing in the snow, I realized that I had no plans for lunch today. Uh oh. I needed something good but I also wanted it to be fun for the kids. I looked in the fridge and saw a can of crescent rolls. I remembered seeing a recipe to make pizza crescent rolls. I used homemade pizza sauce. Everyone got to choose their toppings: bacon, onion, jalapenos from my garden (frozen), green peppers from my garden (frozen), black olives, mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese. Top your "crust", roll it up, and bake at 375 for about 18 minutes. I put a little extra homemade sauce on my plate to dip. Yum.

My hubby worked on dinner all day. He used some local cherry wood (from our back yard!) to smoke some local beef and local pork ribs. Our daughter does not like ribs (I know, she is crazy) so he made her a lobster tail for her special Christmas Eve dinner. He tried out a new side dish tonight: bacon wrapped asparagus. Wow. If you have never tried them, you are missing out on something ridiculously good.

We didn't really use up any leftovers today. However, I can't wait until we make our big dinner tomorrow. I already have plans with a few of the leftover items.

No comments:

Post a Comment