Friday, December 7, 2012

Go ahead...Play with your food!

December 7, 2012

I started out the day by going to our change of command ceremony to say thank you to our commander who is leaving us and welcome in our new commander. Afterwards they had sub sandwiches, chips, and drinks. Yay for free lunch! I convinced our kids to pack leftover stuffed pasta shells for lunch. There may have been a little bribery with their halloween candy involved. :)

They got home from school and needed a snack. Do you need a way to get your kids to eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? All you need to do is cut it into fun shapes. They will beg you to make them again! Today I made them snowmen.

Finally, a non-school night where my hubby is not working late and none of us were sick....Wohoo! Time to go out to eat. Talk about withdrawls. It had been two days shy of four weeks since we have gone out together. I was kind of like a kid in a candy store trying to decide what to order. It makes you certainly appreciate going out to eat when you cut back so much. Oh yeah, and the kids got so excited when I told them that we were going out that they ran to their rooms to change. My daughter put on a fancy dress. My son put on his dress pants, dress shirt, reindeer tie, and coat from his tuxedo!

No comments:

Post a Comment