Monday, December 31, 2012

"Sea" you next year

December 31, 2012

Let me start off by back tracking. Yesterday was not challenge worthy. At all. We were out of town for both lunch and dinner. We stuffed our faces with Quaker Steak & Lube and Outback Steak House.

Ok, back to today. We needed a special dinner for New Year's Eve. Ahhhh crab. Snow crab (mine and my son's fav) and king crab (my hubby's fav). But why stop there? How about a little lobster tail (my daughter's fav)?

My hubby steamed and baked us up a seafood extravaganza! I took a look in the fridge to try to figure out our side dishes. Last night at Outback, I had a vegetable medley of carrots, broccoli, summer squash, and pea pods. It was awesome. I figured I could make a mini version with broccoli and pea pods tonight. I sauteed them (along with onion) and added a little white wine, kosher salt, and lemon juice. I asked my daughter to find another side. She wound up at the pasta cupboard. She picked some rotelle noodles. Hmmm ok what do I put on them? I had a little bit of half and half left. There was also half a block of cream cheese. Alfredo sauce it is. I added a little butter, freshly grated romano cheese, splash of milk, and pepper. My hubby heated up the leftover loaf of bread that we took home from Outback.

And what special New Year's meal would be complete without sparkling white grape juice served to the kids in wine glasses? They couldn't stop giggling the entire meal. Have a safe New Year's and I'll "sea" you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment