Monday, December 3, 2012

Make your own "fast" food

December 3, 2012

Today was a pretty busy day. I spent the day running errands and trying to do some Christmas shopping. Normally I would have gotten ready and left right away. Then after about an hour I would be hungry so I would stop somewhere. I wanted to try my hardest not to eat out today. I made a quick ham sandwich before I left home. I was gone so long that I started getting hungry again while I shopped. Uh oh. I finished up as quickly as I could and got home in time to just heat up a leftover piece of pizza. Whew. That was close!

Tonight is full of activities. My hubby has a meeting this evening. This makes it my turn to get the kiddos to their activities. They each have somewhere to be tonight. I knew with such a full night that we wouldn't have much time for dinner. Should we just run through a drive thru? Order something to be delivered? Nope. Remember when I made luau pork that slow cooked for over 12 hours? I love luau pork because not only is it delicious on the day that you make it, but it also freezes great. Leftovers are just as delicious. All I had to do tonight was simmer some jasmine rice (how am I not at the bottom of that bag yet?!) and steam some cauliflower. Quick and easy and so much better for you than fast food.

My tip to stick with this challenge is to make sure that you have some type of "fast" food ready to cook up on nights when life gets super busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment