Friday, December 28, 2012

Say goodbye to the ham

December 28, 2012

Today was a full day, but not of cooking. We fueled up with some leftovers before we headed out for a day of skiing and snow boarding. I had some ham chowder and my hubby had a leftover hamburger. The kids also had some homemade zucchini muffins that were in the freezer. I had been bugging them to eat up some of the freezer food for the past couple days (they still have muffins, french toast, and waffles). I'm surprised at how much easier it has gotten to convince ourselves to eat leftovers!

After skiing, we came home just long enough to clean up and put a tray of our leftover Christmas baking together. Then we went over to a friends house for dinner. They made pork roast, roasted potatoes, broccoli, pasta salad, sausage/pepperoni/cheese/crackers, veggies and dip, homemade applesauce, homemade peanut brittle, and turtle brownies. We also munched on our tray of goodies. Yep, we all got stuffed. It was delicious. She even packed us up some applesauce and peanut brittle to take home. Yum!

I'm not really sure what is in the plans for tomorrow. But I do know that I'm getting tired of ham. I think that it may be time to freeze what is left of the ham. We have eaten off of it for four days in one way or another. Maybe it was just lunch, maybe it was just a small bowl of ham chowder, but four days is four days.


No comments:

Post a Comment