Saturday, December 1, 2012

When life hands you limes, you make cake!

November 30 & December 1, 2012

Yesterday wasn't much of a food day. We actually went new truck shopping but I was still a little under the weather. I knew I wouldn't be feeling up to eating out anywhere so I packed some chicken noodle soup in a thermos. My hubby had a potluck dinner for work but I decided to stay home and rest. I graduated from soup to just noodles. Ha.

Normally we go out to lunch on Saturdays. Well, thanks to my flu bug we saved money today by staying home. AGAIN. Leftover tacos, sandwiches, and chicken soup were on our menu. I felt up to trying regular food tonight so I asked hubby to pick up some salmon (he also got cod). I kept it light by just steaming some asparagus and throwing a few giant grapes on our plates.

I wasn't able to make my hubby his birthday cake earlier in the week so today was the day. He loves key lime pie. Hmmmm. How about a key lime cake from scratch! I am not very great at decorating but that's ok. Who needs to go to a store and spend $20 for them to bake a cake for you?!



No comments:

Post a Comment