Sunday, December 23, 2012

Making leftovers fun

December 23, 2012

We worked up an appetite by skiing and snow boarding today. We got home and needed a snack. My hubby (with daughter assisting) made chili dip. Cream cheese, onion, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, homemade onion powder, cayenne pepper, chili, and cheddar cheese.

The kids went outside to play in the snow and I started looking in the cupboard. I found a dessert to make. I had a box mix for blueberry coffee cake. Wow. I think I bought that when my parents, sisters, and nephews visited last year. A quick look at the expiration date and we are good to go. Time to use that thing up! Now on to dinner.

After skiing all day, I really didn't feel like cooking. Leftovers it is. I didn't want to hear complaints about leftovers so what do I do? Remember it is all about presentation and how fun you make it for the kids. I hung a note on the door knob telling them to place their order. When they came inside, they were giggling and said "how fancy". Ha. I had all of the leftovers lined up on the counter and let them choose what they wanted. I talked to them like they were my customers. My hubby and I had leftover clam chowder and some of the candy cane bread (man that thing is huge). My son had some of the pasta/bacon/pea dish and a pancake. My daughter had chicken wings (from when my hubby and I went to our friend's restaurant) and some of the pasta/bacon/pea dish. My hubby kept trying to sweet talk my daughter into giving him one of her chicken wings. It was funny. They were actually "fighting" over leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment