Monday, March 18, 2013

Pork tenderloin

March 18, 2013

The kids had agreed that they would pack lunches often this week. This was part of the deal we made in order for us to go out to eat twice this past weekend. They stuck good to the word and both packed today. Although, I can't say for sure if it is really because of the deal or if it is because of those kool-aid drinks. My daughter packed the leftover chicken wings, celery, and yogurt. My son packed a sandwich and an apple. I went to a friends house for the day and she made waffles for brunch and I had some of her leftover potato soup (yum!) for lunch.

I got home and didn't feel like doing much cooking. Thankfully I had one of the kids' favorite meats in the fridge which also happens to be super easy. Marinated pork tenderloin. All you do is open the package, put it in a pan with a little water, and stick it in the oven. My kiddos separated broccoli florets and put them into the steamer pot. This is going so easy.... What else? I always feel like we need to have a starch side. I asked if anyone wanted rice or pasta. Everyone decided that we could just have a bread side. You know me and there is always so much bread to eat up around our house. There was part of the loaf of Italian bread. There was an entire pack of Hawaiian rolls. We each picked what bread we wanted. A low effort meal but so delicious. The tenderloin always comes out so moist and flavorful. I almost always buy the teriyaki flavored one. It is our favorite. We used two dipping sauces tonight. We used a teriyaki sauce and an all purpose sauce that I fell in love with a few years ago. It is called "country bob's all purpose sauce". It is awesome on just about any cut of meat you make! By accident we combined some of both sauces on our plate. Oh wow. What a heavenly accident. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment