Monday, March 11, 2013

Pulled Pork Chili

March 11, 2013

Today was another good challenge day. My daughter packed a container of leftover salad and some lemon pepper lunch meat to put on top along with a yogurt. My hubby packed his lunch too. I ate up the rest of the quinoa kale and craisin dish and the mushroom pilaf seeing as there wasn't much of either one left.

I organized our big freezer today. I thought I was about out of corn from our farmers market but I found 18 more bags in the bottom of the freezer. Yay! I also found some other goodies to use up. There was 3 bags of tomatoes from my garden. There was habanero's and ghost peppers from the farmers market. Hmmmm. I also have a ton of green peppers and some red peppers frozen from the farmers market too. Aha. Tonight's dinner: chili.

I wanted to try something new. I decided to make chili with some of the leftover luau pulled pork. I sauteed some onion, celery, and garlic in olive oil. Then I added some green and red peppers. After a few minutes, I added pulled pork, pink beans, tomato paste, and tomatoes. I seasoned it with salt, chili powder, and cumin. I separated some of the chili into a different pot and added a habanero and a ghost pepper for my hubby. I decided to finish the chili off a little different too. I served it over a bed of egg noodles. It was then topped with mexican cheese and sour cream. Yum! The kids both said the chili was amazing. My hubby really liked it too. He said it tasted kind of taco-y. Ha. Right up his alley. Who knew that pulled pork could turn into awesome chili?!

No comments:

Post a Comment