Saturday, March 16, 2013

Stuffed mushrooms

March 15 & 16, 2013

On Friday, my daughter packed lunch again. Those kool-aid drinks sure are a great incentive! She just did some ramen, yogurt, and an apple. My hubby packed his lunch as well. He had a sandwich, two oranges, and a banana. I finished up the leftover quinoa kale craisin pilaf. I love that stuff!

Dinner was something that we never get to do: a night out without the kiddos. There was a military ball so we got a babysitter and had a fun night of dressing up. Gotta love it when my hubby gets to wear his formal military uniform. Yay! I had redeemed our cash rewards for using our credit card and used that money to buy our tickets for the ball. I also did my own hair and nails along with wearing a dress that I already had. They served prime rib, roasted chicken, mixed veggies, potatoes, caesar salad, rolls, and cake. The kids went to my friends house to meet the babysitter. My daughter had pizza that my friend bought and my son packed a sandwich (man, how is he not sick of those?!), yogurt, and some other snacks.

We decided to go out for lunch today. We went to an Irish restaurant for an early St. Patrick's Day celebration. We stuffed ourselves. My hubby ordered an open faced reuben sandwich. My son had a burger. My daughter had a blt. I had sesame crusted tuna, rice pilaf, and veggies. The three of them also got fries with their meal. And by fries, I mean the most amazing fries. They were potato slices that I think were deep fried like a chip but the middle stayed fluffy like a fry. They were awesome!

We were still pretty full from lunch so we decided to do a fend for yourself dinner. My son had....surprise. Another sandwich along with some mandarin oranges. My daughter had....surprise. More ramen noodles along with mandarin oranges. My hubby decided to try something new for us.

He cooked some bacon and set it to the side. He sauteed some onion, garlic, and jalapeno from my garden (the last of it). He mixed it all together with a half a block of cream cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. He stuffed a mushroom cap with the mixture and then sprinkled the tops with shredded pepper jack cheese and baked them at 400 for 20 minutes. Once they were cooked, he grated some fresh parmesan and sprinkled that on top and then broiled them until golden. They were delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment