Friday, March 29, 2013

When you pepper a pepper

March 28 & 29, 2013

On Thursday, my daughter bought school lunch and my son packed his usual goober sandwich. My hubby had a work event (Hail & Farewell) that we went to in the evening. They served bbq sandwiches, cole slaw, baked beans, corn bread, salad, and chocolate covered bacon!

We started our day today by making plans. We wanted to go to the zoo. My hubby and kiddos had today off of work/school. Uh oh. That normally would mean lunch out right? I reeled them in with some bacon. We made blt's before we headed out for the day. We used bacon, guacamole, lettuce, spinach, red onion, and tomato. My hubby looked through the freezer and saw some whole habaneros from the farmer's market. I sliced one up for him and he coated it in flour, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. He fried the habanero in the bacon grease. He said it turned out excellent and gave it a nice crunch. My daughter even put spinach on her sandwich! Wohoo!

After hitting up the zoo, we needed a snack. We went to TGIF. We decided to just share an assorted appetizer tray (boneless wings and celery, pot stickers, and soft prezels). We even all ordered just water! This is such a big improvement to how we used to be. Prior to this challenge, we would have ordered drinks and probably just stayed out for dinner. We made some good choices and combined with my coupon it brought our bill to $11.

We weren't too hungry for dinner so we decided to do a light dinner of seafood. My hubby grilled clams and served them with a garlic butter sauce. He also grilled up some bacon wrapped scallops. Yay! I love scallops.

No comments:

Post a Comment