Saturday, November 10, 2012

30 day challenge, day 16

November 2, 2012


I had half a loaf of bread that was going to go bad in a few days. I am not a morning person and hardly ever make the kids breakfast. I figured that this afternoon I would try to make some french toast for them, put 'em in the freezer, and they would be able to have a nice breakfast without me having to put down my coffee. I made some regular (vanilla and cinnamon) and then wanted to try something new. I looked in the fridge and saw a container of pumpkin egg nog that we haven't really been drinking. The next batch had egg nog in it. 


Dinner: I was going to make chicken stir fry but I wasn't really in the mood for that. Pinterest how you saved me again! I found a great recipe for chicken. You basically make your own cream of mushroom soup sauce. Butter, mushrooms, chicken broth, sour cream, salt, pepper. Yum! My fav new recipe in a long time. I threw some local carrots in olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme from my garden. In the oven they went. A side of minute white rice. Delic!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment