Saturday, November 10, 2012

30 day challenge, day 3

October 20, 2012


This is the first day of my challenge that my husband is home for. Uh oh. He isn't going to like this. How do I persuade him to not go out to a restaurant? That's right, with tacos! Ok, lunch was easy. What wasn't easy?? How about when we went to Price Chopper to pick up some cerveza. It was so hard to not buy anything else. I saw cookies. Mini muffins. Pies. Cheesecake! Salmon filets. French bread. My daughter saw clams. Ugh. What did we walk out of the store with? Only the cerveza he wanted. Yay me!

On to dinner... I wanted to make beef stew because it is one of my hubby's fav meals (and it is our anniversary weekend celebration!). But crap, I'm out of carrots. How do you make beef stew without carrots? As much as I hate using frozen store bought veggies, I came across a lonely bag of carrots in the bottom of the freezer. Ah, must have been an impulse buy. I make up for my store bought carrots by using local beef, local potatoes, local corn, and beans from my garden.
The perfect side for stew would be french bread. The one we saw at the store. So we pulled out the bread machine and decided to make a loaf. Oops. It takes 3 1/2 hours to bake. Oh well, the hawaiian sweet rolls were delicious and our french bread will be yummy tomorrow! Can't wait!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment