Saturday, November 10, 2012

30 day challenge, day 19

November 5, 2012

Remember I said that we hardly ever use up our hamburger buns? I was on a mission today. I found two lonely salmon burgers in the back of the freezer. One of those bad boys become my lunch. Yum. 

I wanted to use the leftover luau pork somehow for dinner seeing as we really hadn't eaten it for dinner yet. I found a recipe for homemade enchilada sauce. Ooooooh. Tortilla (finished a pack), refried beans (found a can in the back of the cupboard), corn (frozen from farmers market), luau pork, jalapenos (frozen from my garden), mexican cheese....rolled up and topped with the homemade sauce, more mexican cheese, green onions (from my garden), guacamole, and sour cream. Oh my god. Leftovers never tasted so good. Makes me want to try this recipe with any kind of leftover meat. 

Oh, I almost forgot. The sauce was supposed to be made with tomato sauce as a base. However, all I had was tomato paste. Did I let that stop me or send me to the store? Nope, just mix with equal parts of water. The recipe also called for green chilis but I substituted our jalapenos. Yay! Today was definetely a success. My hubby and I would even say that these were the best enchiladas we have ever had. Ever. Wohooooo!




No comments:

Post a Comment