Saturday, November 10, 2012

30 day challenge, days 9 & 10

October 26 & 27, 2012


Yesterday and today haven't really been very challenge-worthy. My hubby and I had a lunch date yesterday. When dinner rolled around, we weren't really hungry. So the kids had pb&j sandwiches and later my hubby and I snacked on jalapeno poppers and onion rings. Well, I guess we used up some freezer items, so 'go us'! Ha.

We started today out at football/cheerleading practice. They gave out free hotdogs afterwards; yay free food! After a day full of fun, I was craving deliciousness. Local beef filet mignon steaks in a chipotle lime marinade (a bottle that was open in the fridge). Served with a mushroom/beef flavored risotto topped with freshly grated parmesan cheese (uh oh that cheese is getting low!). Also some steamed broccoli. I guess this is challenge worthy because it used up some more of my rice stash, oh and a jar of my sister's homemade garlic/onion sauce for our steak. Time to roll to the couch. Too much risotto. Too. Much. Risotto.

No comments:

Post a Comment