Wednesday, November 14, 2012

30 day challenge, day 28

November 14, 2012

Lucky for me the "toss together soup" from yesterday was yummy as leftovers for lunch today.  One meal conquered. What next? How about some cookies!

I talked to my mom this morning and she was making no bake cookies. Mmmmmm. I looked in the cupboard and saw I had a canister of quick cooking oats. What? When did I even buy that? I pulled out pumpkin, baking cocoa, peanut butter, and a few other goodies and got to work. I made three different types of no bake cookies. The first was just pumpkin. The second was pumpkin and chocolate. The third was chocolate and peanut butter. I was hoping to use up the canister of oats but there is still a good amount left. Oh well, more cookies another day!

I had a friend and her two kids over for dinner. I made spaghetti. I used local beef and my home canned spaghetti sauce. I still have about 1/3 of the can of pumpkin left. I was going to stir it into my spaghetti sauce (I had seen it in many online recipes) but figured I wouldn't scare my friend by hiding crazy stuff in her meal. Ha. I'll figure out what to do with that pumpkin tomorrow. I went to my noodle stash and was about to reach for my typical box of angel hair (man I love that stuff) but noticed another box of spaghetti. I bought a box of spaghetti rigati on clearance awhile back but never used it because once again it is a shape I don't normally use. It is kind of like a square and ridged spaghetti noodle. Odd. Tonight is as good a night as ever to give it a shot. Uh oh. I didn't have any garlic bread. No problem. A little butter, garlic powder, and half a loaf of bread will do. Gotta use it up anyway because tomorrow is grocery shopping day! A side of corn (frozen from the farmers market) to finish the meal off.

No comments:

Post a Comment