Saturday, November 10, 2012

30 day challenge, day 20

November 6, 2012


Today was another good day. I made a sandwich for lunch with some luau pork, red onion, and asian sesame sauce (from Quaker Steak & Lube restaurant) on a hamburger bun. Wohoooo! I'm really using up those burger buns this week. My hubby took the last enchilada to work for lunch.

I decided to dig through the freezer to find something for dinner. I found a container of leftover turkey hiding. I had about a cup of chicken broth in the fridge and a half a jar of home canned tomatoes. Soup it is. I went back to the freezer to find other ingredients: container of homemade chicken broth, peas from my garden, green beans from my garden, and corn from the farmers market. I added another jar of tomatoes, celery, and carrots from the farmers market. Ok, what kind of noodles? I found a pack of tiny alphabet noodles that really don't have a use other than soup. Perfect.
My daughter has only been home from school for about an hour and has already dug into the soup. Twice. Alright, time for the kids and I to make some apple crisp.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment