Saturday, November 24, 2012

Hide the turkey leftovers

November 24, 2012

Day 2 post-Thanksgiving. How do I get the kids to eat leftovers again? Ah. By not telling them it is leftovers. Turkey quesadillas sound good. I used a christmas tree cookie cutter and cut out tortilla trees (tortillas needed to be used up in the next few days). I put some chopped turkey, cranberry sauce, and mexican cheese inside the "trees" and used my indoor grill pan. Turkey tree-adillas comin up!

I had a pie crust that I got for free (because I had purchased a previous crust that was opened inside the package and the company sent me a replacement coupon). Turkey and pie crust. Yep, here comes pot pie. I filled it with potatoes, corn, and carrots all from local farmers. I put in some green beans that I had frozen from my garden. Seasoned with salt, pepper, and thyme from my garden. When it was time to vent the crust, I let my hubby take over. He certainly made it "turkey" pot pie! :) There were some scraps that he cut off from the edge of the pie plate. Throw them out? Oh no! Turn them into elephant tails by spreading butter, sugar, and cinnamon on them. A day full of leftovers wasn't so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment