Sunday, November 25, 2012

Uh oh. I'm getting tired of leftovers.

November 25, 2012

It's my turn to wake up with a fever. My first thought was how will I keep the challenge going if I am too sick to cook? Hubby to the rescue. He said that as long as I could still blog, then he would cook challenge-worthy food for us. Yay!

Evidentally he liked the turkey pot pie from yesterday because he had it for breakfast and lunch today. It was also my turn for some chicken noodle soup.

On to dinner... My hubby slow cooked a local beef roast all day. The house smelled so good. When it came time to serve dinner, we all had different variations. My son wanted the roast on a sub roll. Fine with me. We had one foot left of the four foot package that I found for 98 cents. My daughter wanted a chunk of the sub roll but wanted her roast on some leftover mashed potatoes. Done. I had roast on potatoes and some leftover green bean casserole. My hubby added some leftover stuffing to his plate. Not too bad a day of using up leftovers. It really helps to add in a different protein because then the meal doesn't feel quite so much like leftovers. What will I (oops, I mean hubby) turn the roast into for dinner tomorrow?! All I know is that I think it may be about time to throw out the rest of the side dishes from Thanksgiving. I don't think I can take much more of the leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment