Saturday, November 10, 2012

30 day challenge, day 2

October 19, 2012


As it turns out, my husband had to work tonight so once again it isn't a problem sticking to my new plan. It is actually kinda exciting figuring out what stuff to use up. I looked in the fridge and saw that I still had some of the "best chicken ever" leftover from earlier this week. How could I reuse chicken? 

Well, behind the chicken was the container of homemade chicken broth that I made but was too lazy to get portioned and into the freezer. Ok, so chicken and broth, what else?! Ah, after a quick check of the cupboard I see that I have 6 different types of white rice. Seriously? Minute rice, sushi rice, jasmine rice, mahatma rice, a different sushi rice, you get the idea. Chicken, broth, rice. Hmmmmmmm. How about homemade chicken gravy out of homemade broth? Does it get any better than that? Side dishes.... I just had some of the leftover squash/spinach mix and the kids wanted apples. Easy enough.
Delic!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment