Saturday, November 10, 2012

30 day challenge, day 7

October 24, 2012


I finished up the zucchini crust pizza for lunch. It was even delicious as leftovers. After school, I had to take my daughter to go buy new eye glasses (she broke hers yesterday) so by the time we got back home I had two hungry kids and a tired self. Ha.

I wanted something quick. I had a pack of tortellini in the fridge. Perfect. Added a jar of home-canned spaghetti sauce and topped it with freshly grated mozzarella cheese. We finished up the leftover roasted broccoli and cauliflower from the other day. The kids finished up the homemade french bread. My daughter also had a pile of pineapple (leftover from yesterdays pizza toppings). I guess not too bad a night of using up "stuff". Oh, and seeing as I was out of milk the kids drank pumpkin egg nog for dinner. Hey, it has milk in it!

There is no more holding out. The last time that I was at the commissary was October 11th! I am a week overdue. No milk. No paper towels. Last roll of TP. And the kicker.....No more ice cream bars. :) Tomorrow morning will be my first commissary trip since starting this challenge. I'm a little nervous that I won't be able to control my shopping cart. Wish me luck!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment