Friday, November 23, 2012

Leftovers, schmeftovers

November 23, 2012

I asked my hubby if he would make us waffles this morning. Surprising because I think it has probably been over a decade since we have used our waffle maker. He noticed that we had some blackberries that needed to get used up so he made some blackberry waffles and some plain waffles (per my daughter's request). We topped them with blueberry syrup. Mmmmm. I am not going to wait another decade to have those again. Ha!

Seeing as it is the day after Thanksgiving, I bet you can guess what we had for lunch. Leftovers. They were delicious. What kind of saver would I be if I didn't try to eat up some of our leftover dessert? I didn't leave the pumpkin dump cake out.

My daughter decided to share her fever with her brother so neither one of them wanted much for dinner. Chicken noodle soup and then back to their rooms they went. So what do hubby and I want? He asked if I wanted to order a pizza. Ah! No. But then that made me think of ordering chicken wings. Uh oh. Stay strong. Think of something! Aha. Spread some of the leftover homemade spinach artichoke dip in a pan and top it with more freshly grated parmesan cheese. Stick it under the broiler and then serve it with the leftover beer bread and some tortilla chips. Hey, artichokes are veggies. And now, it is almost time for dessert again.

No comments:

Post a Comment