Saturday, November 10, 2012

30 day challenge, day 6

October 23, 2012


I figured for lunch that I better eat leftovers. Boooooo. So I "suffered" through a bowl of beef stew. I was trying to figure out what to do for dinner and saw a recipe for using up leftover beef stew. Basically add broth, serve over rice. Seeing as I had already had stew for lunch, I really didn't want to. Back to searching..... How about pizza where the crust is made out of zucchini? I was pretty nervous because I thought that there was no way this would turn out.

I thawed some shredded zucchini (yay for my garden!) and mixed it with egg, mozzarella cheese, little bit of flour, and black pepper. Spread it on an oiled pan and baked for about 20 minutes at 375. Took it out and let it cool a little bit. Topped it with homemade pizza sauce, onion, home grown green pepper, pineapple, pepperoni, and a mix of pre-shredded and freshly grated mozzarella cheese.  Stuck it under the broiler until bubbly.

It was delicious! Both kiddos liked it too. Score! It was a great meal that I made from scraps. Pepperoni was a small pile that I froze a few months ago. Mozzarella cheese was the end of the bag. Wohoooo!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment